Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Tears of the Children


Why do theses sad eyes cry?
He is sobbing. He hugs his knees and wails. "I miss my mom. I just want my mom." I hug him. He says, "She isn't coming back. She has to work and isn't home. I hate it. I Hate It."
I rub his back. I squeeze his finger. "She will come back. She loves you, because you're her son."
His sobbing quietly continues. I want to take him home, and never let him see hurt again. I want to protect his heart from the world. "We're almost home. It will be ok."
"But she's not at home! I just want my mom!" He sobs into his knees, realizing that home is no longer.
"I am sorry. It will be ok. She still loves you." I hold him, quietly crying with him.
Jesus says, "Bring him to me. I will carry him. I will heal him. I will wipe his tears away, giving him hope and love instead of sadness. I will show him what love is, and how to fill the hole in his heart."
Jesus, please protect his heart. Hold him in your hand, as you have promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment